All of us want to feel as though we belong, whether in our social circles, family interactions, or workplaces. Belonging is central to our sense of connectedness and community. It is a protective factor helping us manage and cope more effectively with difficult times. In the workplace, it can mean a significant increase in job performance and a decrease in turnover and sick days. Yet, almost half of all workers say they feel isolated at work, their morale has plummeted, and productivity is on a downward spiral.
There are profound implications for organizations that neglect to cultivate an environment where everyone feels like they belong. Education on Belonging will enable companies to create secure and supportive workplaces with a sense of acceptance, inclusion, and identity for all team members. This education will also empower the workforce to foster belonging among their peers because it is everyone’s responsibility.
Through purposeful training and comprehensive education, we can improve employee engagement and performance and help support business goals. Let us create that culture of Belonging you seek.
Articles on Dennis Kennedy
- Dennis Kennedy, Founder, Energy Diversity & Inclusion Council
- In His Quest For Social Justice, Dennis Kennedy Launches New Energy Diversity Council
- Dennis Kennedy Founder of the National Diversity Council: “If I could inspire a movement, it would definitely be providing more opportunities for youth in inner cities to reach their full potential, while focusing on education reform.”
- Barack Obama touts tolerance, inclusion, Texas barbecue at Dallas diversity conference
- The Recipe to Individual Success? Barack Obama says Innovation, Hard Work, and Resilience
- Embracing Diversity - Southwest Airlines supports inclusion and equality at every level.
- How to Leverage Generational Diversity
- 'Justice will prevail,' chancellor tells campus diversity conference
- Hispanic/Latino Summit to Address Pressing Social Issues
- Dennis Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dennis Kennedy Meets Colin Powell, 2007
- Dennis Kennedy Gives $20,000 To Fund College Scholarships
- Diversity Awareness Council Formed by Professor at UTSA
- Learning Curve
- Speaker at Youth Program