To belong is a fundamental human motivation. We have a pervasive drive to form lasting, positive, significant interpersonal relationships. This need is found in all humans, in all cultures, and in all workplaces. A culture of Belonging cultivates thriving, engaged, and productive colleagues and employees and as a result, profitable organizations. The Principles in Belonging Leadership (PBL) certificate teaches attendees how to leverage their values, identities, and discourses to create environments where people from any background feel as though they belong.
- Identify core values and the integral role they play in belonging
- Understand how the origins of our identities influence our belonging
- Discover the discourses that impact our sense of belonging
- Recognize how space and time manipulates belonging
- Learn how to create a culture of belonging in virtual environments
This 2.5-day-long training course provides participants with the opportunity to discover, identify, understand, and execute thought processes and behaviors that cultivate a culture of Belonging in organizations.
This training is designed to empower participants to develop and lead organizations that value the individuality and contributions of all team members. Upon completion of this CBL training, participants will be equipped with practical strategies to cultivate and lead workforces of all backgrounds.
Why a Culture of Belonging?
An essential component of any successful organization is a workforce high in morale and job satisfaction. Both elements are directly tied to a strong sense of Belonging. Leaders who embrace and cultivate cultures of Belonging position their teams to meet and exceed organizational objectives.
Leaders who champion Belonging in workplace environments motivate their teams by ensuring psychologically safe spaces. They cultivate thriving, engaged, and productive colleagues and employees, and as a result, profitable organizations. They form lasting, positive, significant interpersonal relationships at work and in their social circles. And because the need to Belong is found in all humans, in all cultures, and in all workplaces, a leader who masters this skill will enhance team members' experiences from diverse backgrounds.
Organizations that want to attract and retain an engaged and satisfied workforce will empower leaders to create environments where people from any background feel as though they belong is a pivotal step.
Upon completion of the 2.5-day program, participants will
- Gain knowledge about the belonging leadership approach
- Gain knowledge about the impact of values and identities on the concept of belonging
- Develop competencies about the behaviors and environments that contribute to Belonging
- Customize and craft Belonging practices for their professional and personal spaces
Principles in Belonging Leadership (PBL) Certificate Training Content
- Module 1 Introduction
- Module 2 Framework for Belonging
- Module 3 Values – The core of Belonging
- Module 4 Identities – The constructs we accept
- Module 5 Discourses – How language influences Belonging
- Module 6 Spatial Belonging – The impact of space and time
- Module 7 Virtual Environments – Automation, Digitization, & Belonging
- Module 8 Belonging Evangelist – How to create and champion Belonging
- Module 9 Belonging in Practice – Project and collaboration